Introducing Manitoba Possible!
In 2020, Manitoba Possible, formerly the Society for Manitobans with Disabilities – marks 70 years providing a diverse array of programs and services across the province.
70 years is a long time, and they want to mark the occasion by bringing accessibility and inclusion to mind for all Manitobans!
In honour of their anniversary, they’re launching the 70 Ways to Make Manitoba Possible social media challenge on June 16th, and asking for your help in spreading the word and participating in the challenge.
What is the 70 Ways challenge?
To celebrate 70 years, we’re asking Manitobans to come up with 70 Ways to Make Manitoba Possible – What does “Make Manitoba Possible” mean? We believe in an inclusive and accessible society, and we want you to share ways Manitoba can be inclusive and accessible for everyone.
We can all do that by thinking about and removing barriers like:
- Learning about the different types of accommodations for people with disabilities – many are low cost (an attitudinal barrier)
- Making entrances and exits (at home or at the office) easy to open for people who may be unable to turn a door knob or move a heavy door (a physical barrier)
- Using large and easy to read fonts and simple design on work and personal documents, presentations, menus, signs (a communication barrier)
- Letting people contact you in a variety of ways, including phone and email (a technological barrier)
- Going fragrance-free when in public areas (a systemic barrier)
There are lots of possibilities! Get creative or think simple! Share your ideas with us and then let’s make it possible!
When Manitoba reopens this summer, let’s make sure it reopens for everyone.
To Share Your Ideas with Manitobans:
- Write or type your idea(s) on a piece of paper
- Take a photo with or of your idea (camera shy? See other ways to participate below!)
- Use the hashtags #70WaysManitobaPossible and #MAAW2020
- Challenge your friends and colleagues to join in too
- Share your photo by June 23rd
Camera shy? You can still participate by:
- sharing the challenge with your network, on and offline
- commenting your idea(s) on our post(s)
- submitting your idea to our anonymous submission form
- Participate by June 23rd
We can’t wait to share all of the ideas with Manitoba next week!
What are we inviting YOU to do?
- Participate in the 70 Ways challenge.
- Share the challenge through your network, on social media, or in whatever way you’re comfortable.
Are you in?